CURRY!! Have I mentioned how much I love curry?! Because it’s a lot. Like if I had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of my life it’s curry! I’ve been doing a lot of meal prep lately, and I definitely wanted a curry meal prepped and ready to go in the freezer. I haven’t made tikka masala in a while so I thought it would be a great time! This one probably has a bit more kick than a normal tikka, so if you’re not into that just cut back the spices a bit, or add some extra coconut milk, or both! You could easily substitute chicken for shrimp or tofu. I’d also like to point out that this freezes exceptionally well, so if you have extra you won’t be eating as leftovers go ahead and pop it away for later! Trust me, future you will thank you!
1) In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil, add chicken, cook until brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2) Add the other tbsp. of olive oil to skillet, heat. Add onion, cook until soft.
3) Add all spice to pan, mix well.
4) Add tomato sauce, stir, cook 3-4 minutes.
5) Add coconut milk, stir well, then add chicken and mix through sauce, turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve over rice with a side of Naan bread.