Grilling season is probably winding down for a lot of you, however, I’m Canadian and most of us grill year round. Snow and wind? No biggie! We got it!
I’m going to admit that this is the first time I’ve made burgers from scratch. Holy man did that turn out awesome! I was expecting they’d be pretty dry, or burnt when I grilled them, but not at all! I decided to go with a Hawaiian style because I also love pineapple, and nothing says summer quite like it! I really enjoyed these. Feel free to use buns for them. I decided on lettuce buns because I wanted something healthier.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Mix turkey, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes in a bowl. Form into patties.
- Place patties on grill, cook 5-7 minutes depending on grill.
- Remove, place pineapple on grill 1-2 mins.
- Remove pineapple, place on top of burgers. (If you want to use cheese, place a slice on top of each pineapple slice, and place back on grill 1-2 minutes to melt cheese)
- Place on lettuce boats, top with teriyaki sauce.
- Add all ingredients into pot over med. heat, bring to a boil, while stirring boil 1 minute or until sauce thickens.