Blueberry muffins!! My favourite type of muffin. This recipe is even better because it packs in the blueberry flavour by using blueberry juice instead of water as liquid. Baking them at a high heat to begin with then lowering the temperature allows them to get that bakery shop height. I used fresh blueberries for this because they’re in season but frozen is fine as well. You could also top them with some sprinkling sugar, but I wanted to keep them as healthy as possible!
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F., line muffin tins
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix in oil and blueberry juice.
- Fold wet mixture into dry, mix, be careful to avoid overmixing.
- Add blueberries.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full, place in oven. Bake 5 minutes, lower temperature to 375 degrees F. and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.