This is the ultimate comfort food! Tator Tot Casserole was a recipe my friend Rosie, whose blog you can check out here: Everything’s Coming Up Rosie, originally introduced me to. I’ve tweaked it a bit and changed from beef to turkey, but it’s still just as good! You can leave out the cheese to make it healthier, or if you are intolerant.It’s not the prettiest dish, as you’ll see below in the picture of it being served, but it is insanely delicious. Serve with salad for a healthy option, or crusty buns for soaking up the sauce.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat, add onion and garlic, cook 2-3 mins.
- Add ground turkey, cook until browned.
- Add mushroom soup, water, corn and salt & pepper, mix, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spray 8×8 baking pan with no-stick spray, pour in meat mixture, lay tator tots on top in a single layer, bake 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese on top, bake until cheese melts.